Topics Will Include
- Specific strategies to prevent a bad behavior from escalating into a violent behavior
- Behavioral strategies that demonstrate a positive attitude
- How good relationships affect student behavior
- What to do when negative behavior levels increase
- Understanding both non-verbal communication and non-verbal behavior
- Controlling the escalation of behavior using effective verbal interventions
- Using silence to achieve compliance
When All Else Fails
- How to deal with a physical attack
- Strategies that will not develop into a law suit
- Strategies for remaining calm in a physically or verbally abusive incident
- Dealing with the student's return to the bus
Note: All techniques, strategies and tactics will need to be viewed through your school district or company policies and procedures for dealing with serious problematic behavior on the school bus. PTSI recommends that you become familiar with these policies prior to this training seminar.
Please note, when registering you must provide your own email address. If you do not have a working email, you may enter an alternate email address in the CC field. Thank you.